If you take a Scoop carpool on your commute to work and are not matched in a carpool on your commute home, you may be eligible to have Scoop cover the cost of your alternate transportation home! We will reimburse you for alternative transportation minus the price you would have paid for a Scoop carpool, up to $50 a month.
To be eligible for a Guaranteed Ride Home, you must meet the following criteria:
- You were matched as a Rider with Scoop that morning
- You scheduled an evening carpool with Scoop
- Your evening request included a time window of at least 30 minutes
- You were not matched in an evening carpool, your matched carpool was interrupted, or you have an unexpected urgent matter during the day
- Your evening destination is in the same neighborhood as you were picked up from in the morning
Not sure if you are eligible? Reach out to us.
How it works
If you're eligible, follow these steps:
- Arrange and take your alternate transportation home. Scoop will reimburse the cost of the trip (up to $50 per month) minus the price you would have paid for a Scoop carpool.
- Submit an image of your receipt by tapping the Account icon in the bottom navigation bar of the app. From the Account menu, tap Get help and then Submit GRH receipt. Submit a copy of your receipt, including the date and fare of your completed trip and our team will take it from there. Not working? You'll need to enable permissions to allow the Scoop app to access both your camera and photos in order to submit receipts within the app.
- Your reimbursement amount will be added to your Scoop balance that you can then cash out or apply to future carpools with Scoop.
- Receipts must be submitted within 10 days of the trip.
- GRH reimbursement excludes any tip paid to the driver.
- It may take up to 5 business days to process your GRH request.
Guaranteed Ride Home when using shift scheduling
Note: shift scheduling is only available for commuters whose employers are a part of a specific Scoop program. If your employer is a part of a program offering shift scheduling, you will see it within the Scoop app.
You are eligible for a Guaranteed Ride Home if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You carpooled as a Rider with Scoop to work
- Your return ride for the same shift was canceled
- Your return ride request included a time window of *at least* 30 minutes
If you are eligible, follow the steps above under "How it works"