If you take a Scoop carpool in the morning and are not matched in the evening, you may be eligible to have Scoop cover the cost of your alternate transportation home!
You are eligible for a Guaranteed Ride Home if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You carpooled as a Rider with Scoop that morning
- You schedule an evening carpool request with Scoop
- Your evening request includes a time window of *at least* 30 minutes
- You were not matched in an evening carpool, your matched carpool was interrupted, or you have an unexpected urgent matter during the day
How It Works
If you're eligible, here are the next steps:
- Go ahead and take your alternate transportation home. Scoop will reimburse the cost of the trip (up to $50 per month).
- Staying consistent with Scoop's mission to take cars off the road, we ask that you take public transportation. Any transportation cost to and from a transit station is eligible for reimbursement. If a ride-hailing service* is your only option, we recommend selecting a pooled option like Lyft Line. This will stretch your $50 monthly limit!
- Submit an image of your receipt within 7 business days by tapping the Account icon in the bottom navigation bar of the app. From the account menu, tap Get help and then Submit GRH receipt (screenshots above). Submit a copy of your receipt and one of our ScoopCare Advisors will take it from there.*
*Your evening destination for which you are requesting reimbursement must be within a similar radius of your morning commute in order for Scoop to honor your GRH request.
*GRH reimbursement excludes any tip paid to the driver.
*Receipts must be received within 7 business days.
*Please note, it may take up to 5 business days to process your GRH request.