You are eligible for a Guaranteed Ride Home if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You were not matched into a trip home OR your trip home was interrupted OR you have an unexpected urgent matter during the day
- You scheduled a return ride home with Scoop for the afternoon
- Your afternoon return request includes a time window of *at least* 30 minutes
How It Works
If you're eligible, here are the next steps:
- Go ahead and take your alternate transportation home. Scoop will reimburse the cost of the trip (up to $50 per month).
- If possible, we ask that you take public transportation and be helpful to the environment. If a ride-hailing service (or taxi*) is your only option, please select a pooled option like Lyft Line.
- Forward or send an image of your receipt within 7 business days to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our ScoopCare Advisors will take it from there.
We recommend using affordable commuting alternatives like public transportation. We’ll even reimburse you to/from the transit station!
*Your location during the way home must be within a similar radius of your morning commute in order to honor your GRH request.
*Receipts must be received within 7 business days.
*Please note, it may take up to 5 business days to process your GRH request.