Using Scoop for your daily commute is really simple! Users are welcome to schedule their trips a week in advance and we’ll automatically match you into an efficient, traffic-predictive carpool. Early scheduling is encouraged as this allows us to better match our users.
All AM trips must be scheduled by 9:00 PM the night before and all PM trips must be scheduled by 3:30 PM the day of your trip.
To schedule a trip for a specific commute leg (e.g. Tuesday morning):
- Tap the Trip Card for that trip
- Pick whether you want to Ride, Drive, or if you're flexible, select 'Ride or Drive'
- Choose all departure times that are convenient to you
- Tap ‘Schedule’
That’s all there is to it! A few taps and your trip is scheduled - we take care of the rest.
Once you’ve scheduled as a Rider, Driver or 'Ride or Drive' you’ll receive a notification via the app.
What to expect on your first Ride:
- After the scheduling deadline, we run our algorithm to match you with a Driver who has a similar commute.
- Once matched, you’ll receive a notification that tells you who you’ll be riding with.
- You’ll be able to watch the Driver’s progress on the map as they drive to pick you up.
What to expect on your first Drive:
- After the scheduling deadline, we run our algorithm to match you with a Rider who has a similar commute.
- Once matched, you’ll receive a notification that tells you when to leave and who you’ll be picking up. You will get a slightly earlier departure time to pick up your Rider(s).
- Tap on the trip card to see the Rider’s employer, contact information, and directions.