Scoop is a platform to help coworkers and neighbors share their commute, not a rideshare service with professional drivers that profit on each trip. Insurance carrier should treat your use of Scoop no differently than if you were driving a friend or neighbor to work without using Scoop. To ensure a safe community, we require that Scoop Drivers have sufficient insurance to maintain coverage while carpooling with Scoop. Many insurance carriers have confirmed that drivers carpooling with Scoop do not need to carry any additional auto insurance beyond their legally required personal coverage, however insurance carriers are constantly evolving their plans and we recommend confirming with your chosen insurance provider for the specifics of your current coverage plan.
Articles in this section
- Why should my company partner with Scoop?
- How do I know if my company is a Scoop partner?
- Will you match my employees together for each carpool?
- Do my employees need additional auto insurance to use Scoop?
- Is my business liable if a Driver gets into an accident?
- Will there be enough Riders to make a carpool?
- How am I going to market this successfully for my employees?
- How do you keep employee data safe and private?
- How do I get involved with Scoop?