At Scoop, our goal is to make carpooling so reliable that you can depend on it every day. By discouraging cancellations after the scheduling deadline has ended, we ensure that everyone can depend on their Scoop match to get to work and back.
However, we know things come up and plans change. There may be days where you need to cancel your carpool or days where you find that you’re the one that’s been canceled on. We understand the inconvenience this can cause, which is why implemented a policy to help prevent cancellations.
When carpooling with Scoop, Riders and Drivers are held to the same cancellation policy. Each month, every carpooler is given a cancellation fee waiver which allows for one free cancellation. However, this waiver cannot be applied to ‘last-minute’ cancellations since those are considered to be especially difficult on your fellow carpooler. Last-minute cancellations are defined as any cancellation that occurs within one hour of the first scheduled pickup.
Note: Drivers that decline a carpool match due to the route will retain their cancellation waiver and do not incur a cancellation charge. Learn more here.
Incur a $5 cancellation charge when:
- You cancel your scheduled carpool ‘last-minute’.
- You cancel your scheduled carpool after already having used your cancellation fee waiver for the month.
- You are marked as a ‘No-Show’ by your fellow carpooler. This may occur if you are not present at the pickup location at the scheduled time.
Incur a $10 cancellation charge when:
- You cancel your scheduled carpool for the 4th time in the same month. This also includes any subsequent cancellations occurring in that same calendar month.
Receive a $5 cancellation credit when:
- Your scheduled carpool is canceled ‘last-minute’.
- Your scheduled carpool is canceled for the second time in the same month. This also includes any subsequent cancellations occurring in that same calendar month.
- Your fellow carpooler does not show up for the scheduled carpool and you cancel in the app by selecting “I can’t find my fellow carpooler”.
- Your fellow carpooler notifies you ‘last-minute’ that they can no longer make the scheduled carpool and you cancel in the app by selecting “My fellow carpooler can’t make it”.
Note: This cancellation policy only applies to matched trips. You are free to cancel a pending trip request at any time without penalty.